Grace has periodic membership classes. Adults can join after they have completed a class and a letter of transfer is received from the church in which they currently hold membership. If a person is not currently a member in good standing of a congregation, the individual joins by affirming their faith.
Children and Membership
In 2008-09, our Christian Education Board developed a Progression Toward Membership for our children and youth. It was approved by our Church Council in August 2009.
The Progression seeks to set yearly milestones for our children so they can become an integrated part of the church from an early age.
- 1st Grade: Serve as Ushers
- 2nd Grade: Serve as Greeters
- 3rd Grade: Receive an age appropriate Bible
- 4th Grade: Serve as Acolytes
- 5th Grade: Receive a Tween Devotional Book
- 6th Grade: Receive a Teen Bible & attend Middle School Youth Fellowship
- 7th Grade: Confirmation Prep Class
- 8th Grade: Affirmation of Baptism (Confirmation) Class & Leather Bible
- 9th Grade: Attend Senior High Youth Fellowship
- 10th Grade: Serve as Communion Assistant
- 11th Grade: Membership Class & Voting Privileges
- 12th Grade: Serve as a Lector in Worship